Sapa Hill-Tribe and Culture Trekking 2D2N
Type: A Private Tour
Duration: 2 days trekking Sapa
Departure date: Everyday
Departure time: flexible between 8.30 am – 9.30 am
Physical activity: Moderate to challenging
Location: Hoang Lien Son Mountain range (The Tail of the Himalayas) Muong Hoa Valley
Travel Style: Cultural immersion and active adventure
Enjoy a traditional and accommodating stay outside the hustle of Sapa’s center. To get there, you’ll trek through different ethnic and do some treks in villages! This overnight excursion through Sapa’s famous rice paddy terraces and bamboo forests will give you the chance to explore village life with ain the local guide and family. Guests can also choose to experience unique activities like participating in the cooking of some delicious homestyle Vietnamese and traditional foods with your guide and local host family.
On the 2-Days trekking in villages, an experienced guide from Trekking Tour Sapa’ will take you to the Hoang Lien Son Mountain Range (The Tail of the Himalayas) and Fansipan, the roof of Indochina standing tall at 3,143m above the level sea. From here, you will get to see the panorama view of Muong Hoa Valley as well as the iconic landscape of rice fields and whispering bamboo forests. You will visit 5 individual villages, 4 ethnic minorities in Sapa and pay to witness their culture.
Just booked! Get your spot before it’s too late.
- A local private guide: A Local guide in a private tour only get your needs focused, and has enough time to answer all your questions. If you want to do a small group tour about 5 – 6 people (a bit lower price) – Please Contact Us.
- Stay the first night at the Black Hmong’s homestay (Join in cooking) and then do 2-days 1-night trekking to the beautiful landscape of rice terrace fields.
- 2-Days trekking visit to 5 villages and meet 4 ethnic minorities in Sa Pa – Hoang Lien Son mountain range trekking up to 1.850 m above sea level.
- Get to see the famous and biggest rice terrace fields in Vietnam, the biggest river and valley in Sapa (Muong Hoa).
- Meeting the country’s most representative animals such as the water buffalo.
- Real homestays with real, authentic local foods.
Night 1: Stay at the Black Hmong’s Homestay in Ta Van Hmong village
Sa Pa – Homestay in Ta Van Hmong village
Trekkingtoursapa’s guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa town or in front of Sapa’s main church (at your owner’s times). After a short introduction, we will take a private Taxi to Ta Van, a village of both Black Hmong and Giay minority where a Black Hmong family and check-in will welcome us at their homestay. You will then have time to rest, take a hot shower, and prepare for joining in cooking Vietnamese foods such as make spring rolls and much more!
Day 1: Trekking to the beautiful landscape of rice terraces and mountain views (Muong Hoa Valley)
Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan – Ban Ho (15km around 5.5 – 6 hours)
At 9:30 am. After have breakfast at the homestay, we will do the trekking on a small path (inside the bamboo forest) uphill to the Hoang Lien Son mountain range – high around 1.850m above level sea, where you will get to see the panorama views of Muong Hoa valley and see to the beautiful landscape of rice terrace fields as well as to see all of the villages in the Muong Hoa valley. We will then be making our way downhill to the Giang Ta Chai waterfall (faraway touristy area, non-touristy) Where you will enjoy the stream’s babble and jungle’s sounds. After taking a short rest, we will continue the trekking to homes of the Red Dao minority are, a small hamlet of Giang Ta Chai village, where our guide will show you differentiate between the three ethnic minorities in Sapa. After a visit to Red Dao Homes, we will continue our way to the Su Pan village and have lunch at a local restaurant. After lunch, we will make our way to Su Pan, a community of the Black Hmong minority. And then continue walking to the Ban Ho village, where you will meet 3 ethnic minorities such as Red Dao, Tay, and Black Hmong. A Tay family and check-in will welcome us to their family. You will then have time to rest, take a hot shower, and wait for your dinner.
Day 2: Continue trekking to the Red Dao area
Ban Ho – Nam Tong – Sapa (5Km around 2.5 hours)
After an excellent breakfast in Ban Ho, we continue walking to the village Nam Toong, about 3km from Ban Ho. In this village, you can learn everything about the Red Dzao minority that lives here. The Red Dzao are famous for the red scarfs they wear on their heads. After visiting Nam Toong, we walk back to Ban Ho, where we will have lunch. After lunch, transportation will be waiting for you to bring you back to Sapa. End of the tour.
- From your hotel in Sa Pa or in font of Sapa main Church.
# Drop Off
- In your hotel in Sapa or Sapa center
# The tour will include
- 2 breakfast + 3 lunches + 2 dinner
- 2-night accommodation (homestay)
- Village entry fees
- 1 big bottle of water
- Transport back to the homestay
# The tour will NOT include
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra drinks (e.g. bottled water or beer) at the homestay
# Things to bring
- Trekking shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Mosquito repellent
- Comfortable clothes
# Cancellation Policy
- 7+ days prior tour start date: 100% reimbursement of the tour price (no cancellation charges)
- 6 to 2 day prior tour start date: 25% reimbursement of the tour price
- 1 day prior or same day of tour start date: no reimbursement