Mountain views & Muong Hoa valley trek – 2D 1N
In this tour you will be taken by our experienced local guide across 5 different villages of the Hmong, Giay and Red Dao ethnic minorities. The tour will give you the chance to enjoy amazing mountain landscapes as well as to see Sapa’s biggest river and valley.
You will also see the famous rice terrace fields in the Muong Hoa Valley and learn more about the culture, customs and traditions of the 3 main different ethnic minorities in Sapa.
Our tour guide will also introduce you to Hmong’s unique marriage traditions, rice fields work and house building techniques and much more!
Duration: 2 days trekking Sapa
Departure date: Everyday
Departure time: flexible between 8.30 am – 9.30 am
Physical activity: Moderate to challenging
Location: Small traditional villages
Travel Style: Cultural immersion and active adventure
- Private tour only in Sapa. Cheaper price: small groups of 5 people.
- Mountain trekking up to 1.850m above sea level.
- Visit to 3 different ethnic minorities and 5 different villages in Sapa
- Get to see the Fansipan mountain, 3.143m highest in Asia.
- Get to see the famous and biggest rice terrace fields in Vietnam, the biggest river and valley in Sapa – ideal photo shooting scenery.
- Real homestay with real, authentic local food.
- Meeting the country’s most representative animals such as the water buffalo.
Day 1: Sa Pa – Ham Da – Hau Thao (15km around 5.5 hours)
In the morning at 9am. Trekkingtoursapa’s guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa or in font Sapa’s main church. After a short introduction, it will take 1km uphill on a small trail to the mountain views where you will get to see the Fansipan mountain 3.143 m, highest in Asia and see all of Sapa town. From here, you will get to see the famous and biggest rice terrace fields in Vietnam (in Muong Hoa valley) as well as see the biggest river and valley in Sapa. After enjoy the beautiful landscape we will continuing our way on mountain side down to Ham Da, a village of Black Hmong minority. The tour will give you the chance to see some animals such as buffalos, cores, pigs. And then we will have lunch at a small restaurant run by local family. After lunch, we will make our way on a small road down to Hau Thao, a village of Black Hmong ethnic minority. Here you will see the local’s daily life, if it’s right time you will get to see the local people are working on the fields such as harvesting or planting rice. We will be warm welcoming by the Black Hmong family at their homestay in Hau Thau village. You will then have time to rest, take a hot shower and wait for your dinner.
Day 2: Hau Thao – Giang Ta Chai – Ta Van – Lao Chai– Y Linh Ho – Sapa (16km around 6 hours)
When you wake up the next morning and open the window you can see the clouds flowing through the valley while the sun starts to rise above the mountains. After a nice breakfast in the homestay we will start the trek of the next day. From Hau Thao village we will be walking down to the Giang Ta Chai village where you will get to see the waterfall as well as to see the Red Dao minority. After that, we will continue trekking uphill to the Hoa Lien Son mountain range (where is high 1.850m above level sea). From here, you can see the panorama view of Muong Hoa valley. After enjoy the views, we will downhill to Ta Van village where you can see both Giay and Black Hmong minorities. We will then have lunch at the local restaurant in Lao Chai village after we leave Ta Van. After lunch, we will be walking up to the main road in Y Linh Ho village where our transport is waiting us and then bring us back to Sa Pa. End of the tour!
- Person: US$80 (private tour)
- 2 people: US$70/per person (private tour)
- 3 people: US$60/per person (private tour)
- 4 people and more: US$55/ per person (A small group or your private group)
- From your hotel in Sa Pa or in font of Sapa main Church.
# Drop Off
- In your hotel in Sapa or Sapa center
# Things to bring
- Trekking shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Mosquito repellent
- Comfortable clothes
# The tour will include
- 1 breakfast + 2 lunches + 1 dinner
- 1 night accommodation (homestay)
- Village entry fees
- 1 big bottle of water
- Transport back to Sapa
# The tour will NOT include
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra drinks (e.g. bottled water or beer) at homestay
# Cancellation Policy
- 7+ days prior tour start date: 100% reimbursement of the tour price (no cancellation charges)
- 6 to 2 day prior tour start date: 25% reimbursement of the tour price
- 1 day prior or same day of tour start date: no reimbursement
Our Customers Say
I have been traveling South East Asia for 6 months, Vietnam for over 4 months and this was one of my best experiences so far. We started in the south and I have found that this country just gets more and more beautiful the further...More
My wife and I booked a 3 day trekking with Sinh, and we did not expect much. But oh my, we were blown away with the tour guides. Since Sinh was already booked for the days that we were in Sapa, he managed to get...More
Trekking Tour Sapa owned by a team of Hmong ethnic minority in Sapa. We use our local knowledge to create hiking, trekking and motorbike tours for those wanting to discover the best and most beautiful areas of Sapa. We were born and raised in this region which helps us to show you places that many our companies may not be able to provide.
Locally & Minority Owned
Benefiting the local Black H’mong and neighboring ethnic tribal people.
Get the real Sa Pa Experience.
Ethical Tribal Visits
Preserving the culture of the H’mong and other ethnic minority peoples.
See the beauty of Sapa and help to preserve its beauty for generations to come.
This Tour Name:
Mountain views & Muong Hoa valley trek – 2D 1N
OTHER 2 DAYS TOURS