Lao Than Mount is the highest mountain in Y Ty, which is considered a “specialty” of clouds. With Trekking Tour Sapa to conquer this mountain, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery with green terraced fields and stacked clouds. With a simple trekking route, it is easy to do even for those who are new to conquering the top of the mountain.
The opportunity to meet the sea of clouds at the top of the mountain is very large and gives a great experience when hunting clouds and watching the sunrise on the top of Lao Than.
In addition, with a prime location called the “roof” of Y Ty, customers also have the opportunity to cover all 4 directions with a wide viewing angle. Book our tour and discover the “Sky Island” with villages in the clouds.
01. Beautiful Scenery: The tour provides an opportunity for visitors to enjoy the stunning natural scenery of the Northwest highlands, with green terraced fields, villages in the clouds, and a sea of clouds at the top of Lao Than mountain.
02. Easy Difficulty: The trekking route is considered basic, making it suitable for beginners who want to hike on mountainous terrain and experience the beauty of nature.
03. Easy Difficulty: The trekking route is considered basic, making it suitable for beginners who want to hike on mountainous terrain and experience the beauty of nature.
04. Cultural Experience: The tour also offers a chance to interact with the H’Mong and Ha Nhi ethnic groups, who have a unique culture and way of life.
05. Well-Organized: The tour is well-organized and includes transportation, meals, climbing gear, and experienced guides, making it convenient for visitors who want a hassle-free experience.
06. Unique Experience: The tour includes a medicinal leaf bath service of the Dao people in Sapa, which is a unique and interesting experience that visitors might not have had before.
05h00: Delegation to Sapa bus station, have breakfast at the previously arranged place. Then, clean yourself and leave unnecessary things there.
07:30: Get on a 16-seat car to move to the trek point at Phin Ho – Y Ty, about 80km from Sapa, it takes about 3 hours. On the way, the group will pass through gorges, valleys, villages, and terraced fields of the H’Mong and Ha Nhi people.
10:30: Arriving at the trek point, the Leader will divide the group’s belongings for everyone including water, gloves, raincoats, and energy supplements. After that, the group started the journey to climb Lao Than mountain and stopped to have lunch along the way on the mountain, rest for about 20 minutes, then continued trekking to the campsite.
17h00: The group arrives at the shack to rest, about 1.5 hours from the top.
Trekking time: about 5-6 hours. The road has a high slope, and few streams, easy to slip under the rain. The group will spend the night at a pre-built ethnic shack, with full blankets, toilets, and room to wash hands and feet.
04h00: You wake up early to have breakfast, then leave your things at the shack to continue trekking to conquer the top and watch the sunrise. From the shack to the top only takes about 2 hours (maybe a little more for those with weak physical strength).
06h30: Reaching the top of Lao Than, you can admire the scenery and enjoy, take pictures, shout, sing, and then go back down to the campsite.
08h20: Return to the shack, you will prepare and then withdraw your troops back to the original trek point along the old road.
12h30: Arrive at the original trek point at Phin Ho – Y Ty, you will have time to have lunch and get on the bus back to Sapa.
16h30: Return to Sapa, you will pick up the things left at the restaurant for breakfast, move to the bathing place, and soak in the herbal bath of the Dao people. After that, you can freely have fun in Sapa, before the Leader announces the time and place to gather for dinner.
19h00: Last dinner party with hot pot (mixture/sturgeon/salmon).
22h00: You will gather at Sapa bus station, and get on the sleeper bus back to Hanoi. End the program of climbing Lao Than here.
Around 4:00 am the next morning, you will arrive in Hanoi, the bus will drop you at the 5 Tran Nguyen Han, Hanoi. End of the trip. Trekking Tour Sapa would like to thank you and see you on the nearest trip!
Lao Than mountain climbing tour is classified in the difficulty category 4/10, suitable for beginners who want to hike on mountainous terrain and want to experience the beautiful landscapes of the Northwest highlands. The trip lasted 2 days and 3 nights, starting from Y Ty - Bat Xat area in Lao Cai province. Although the journey passed about 14km of mountainous roads, the trail through forests and low grass hills was relatively easy.
The overnight shack is designed at an altitude of 2600m, with a wide view overlooking the sea of clouds and the beautiful Milky Way. Along the way, visitors also admire the wild and primitive natural scenery of the Northwest.
USD200: One person
USD360: 2 people($180/per person)
USD525: 3 people(175USD/per person)
USD680: 4 people(170USD/per person)
USD840: 5 people(168USD/per person)
USD990: 6 people(165USD/per person)
USD1,120: 7 people(160USD/per person)
USD1,264: 8 people(158USD/per person)
USD1.395: 9 people(155USD/per person)
USD1,550: 10 people(155USD/per person)
(In case you have 1 - 3 people)
USD168/person: A group of 5 - 10 people
How it works?
* We will let you know 2 day before the tour starts about 'how many people will join you on the day.'
* Extra USD30 (pay later), if nobody joins you on the departure day, then your tour will be one private (only one person)
*But if you are above 3 people and you still want to make a group tour, there will NOT extra charge if nobody joins you on departure the day.
- High-quality 45-seat sleeper bus, shuttle from Hanoi to Sapa.
All meals during the 2-day trip, including a full hot pot party on the last day of the day.
- High-quality food, ensuring an adequate supply of nutrients and energy for members participating in climbing.
Dedicated water purifier to ensure clean and safe drinking water.
- 800ml bottled drinking water ready to serve from the beginning of the trip (Additional water on the trek)
- An experienced porter team will carry your group and personal belongings.
Comfortable and comfortable rooms on the mountain to rest after a tiring day of climbing.
- The typical medicinal leaf bath service of the Dao people in Sapa brings you a unique and interesting experience.
- Climbing gear includes: raincoat, gloves, flashlight, snacks (to be collected at the end of the tour)
- Souvenir medals for conquering the Lao Than mountain climbing tour to remember the memorable memories of the trip.
- Tip porter and tour guide.
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional drinks while hiking (e.g. bottled water or beer)
- Hiking shoes (the best ones) will be comfortable, hug your feet, and have a good grip.
- Clothes for 2 days and 1 night in the mountains:
+ 2 long pants (preferably quick-drying pants) and 1 long-sleeved shirt (preferably a thin windbreaker) to wear when climbing.
+ 2-3 T-shirts.
+ Thick warm coat, used when staying at the shack at night.
+ 1 super-thin sweater or down jacket to wear to bed.
+ 1 pair of honeycomb slippers used at the Resort.
+ Scarves: do not use wool towels, should use cloth towels or bandanas to make it easier to dry when wet.
+ 3-5 pairs of long, thick socks (do not use low-neck socks).
+ Personal belongings: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera, underwear, toiletries.
- Stickers Thermostats.
- Personal medicine.
🔉*Bonuses: If you have a hotel in Sapa, I highly recommend you leave your luggage there, if you don't have a hotel in Sapa you can leave your luggage at our store room at 9 AM and the shower is available after the tour
Handpicked Accommodation (Homestay)
Best location & price
Flexible Meal Plan
Tickle your taste buds
Private Guide and Car
Hassle-free tour experience
Adjust the physical activity
We can adjust the difficulty of all of our hikes to your wishes and abilities.
Responsive Customer Service
Lower price and FUNE
If you are looking to save money, a group tour is definitely the best way to do that
Trekking Tour Sapa owned by a team of Hmong ethnic minorities in Sapa. We use our local knowledge to create hiking, trekking, and motorbike tours for those wanting to discover the best and most beautiful areas of Sapa. We were born and raised in this region which helps us to show you places that many companies else may not be able to provide.
Locally & Minority Owned
Benefiting the local Black H’mong and neighboring ethnic tribal people.
Get the real Sa Pa Experience.
Ethical Tribal Visits
Preserving the culture of the H’mong and other ethnic minority peoples.
See the beauty of Sapa and help to preserve its beauty for generations to come.
When Would You Like To Start The Tour?
When Would You Like To Start The Tour?