Trekking Through Rice Terraced Fields - 1Day
In this tour you will be taken by our experienced local guide across 3 different villages of the Hmong, Giay and Red Dao ethnic minorities. The tour will give you the chance to enjoy amazing mountain landscapes as well as to see Sapa’s biggest river and valley.
You will also see the famous rice terrace fields and learn more about the culture, customs and traditions of the 2 main different ethnic minorities in Sapa.
Our tour guide will also introduce you to Hmong’s unique marriage traditions, rice fields work and house building techniques and much more!
Duration: 1 day trekking Sapa
Departure date: Everyday
Departure time: flexible between 8.30 am – 9.30 am
Physical activity: Moderate to challenging
Location: Small traditional villages
Travel Style: Cultural immersion and active adventure
- Private tour only in Sapa. Cheaper price: small groups of 5 people.
- Trekking offside the touristic paths.
- Private guided visit to 3 different ethnic minorities villages in Sapa.
- Adventurous mountain trekking up to 1.800 m above sea level.
- Enjoy visiting the bamboo forests as well as Vietnam’s most famous rice terraces – ideal photo shooting scenery.
- Meeting the country’s most representative animals such as the water buffalo.
Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (15 km or 6 hours)
The tour starts at 9am. Our local guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa Town or in front of the local main church. After a brief introduction, you will be taken 2km down to Cat Cat’s road, a well-known village of the Hmong minority. From there, you will be reaching the hanging bridge of Muong Hoa river and then continue uphill into the mountains and through a bamboo forest. From there you will get the chance to admire some of the biggest and most beautiful rice terraces in Vietnam as well as enjoy the majestic mountain view on top of the Hoang Lien mountain. You will then head down to Y Linh Ho village and have lunch at a small, traditional restaurant ran by a local Hmong family. After the break, you will make it to Lao Chai, a village of Black Hmong. Continue the trekking to the Ta Van village where you will meet the Giay minority. You will learn all about the differences between the ethnic minority groups, you will see before we reach the car that will bring us back to Sapa.
- Person: US$39 (private tour)
- 2 people: US$30/per person (private tour)
- 3 – 5 people and more: US$25/ per person (A small group or your private group)
- From your hotel in Sa Pa or in font of Sapa main Church.
# Drop Off
- In your hotel in Sapa or Sapa center
# Things to bring
- Trekking shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Comfortable clothes
# The tour will include
- 1 lunch
- Village entry fees
- 1 small bottle of water
- Transport back to Sapa
# The tour will NOT include
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra drinks (e.g. bottled water or beer) at homestay
# Cancellation Policy
- 7+ days prior tour start date: 100% reimbursement of the tour price (no cancellation charges)
- 6 to 2 day prior tour start date: 25% reimbursement of the tour price
- 1 day prior or same day of tour start date: no reimbursement
Our Customers Say
I got trip 02 days 01 night, really memorable trip with nice and helpful tour guide. He gave us a lots fun and experience about H'Mong life. Most guest for this tour are foreigner, however, we are first vietnamese to join this tour ( me...More
To start, finding guides once you’re in Sapa is a breeze but know that you get what you pay for usually!!! We did a little research and felt that all of the reviews on guide services and availability were pretty vanilla. That is until we...More
This Tour Name:
Trekking Through Rice Terraced Fields – 1Day
Trekking Tour Sapa owned by a team of Hmong ethnic minority in Sapa. We use our local knowledge to create hiking, trekking and motorbike tours for those wanting to discover the best and most beautiful areas of Sapa. We were born and raised in this region which helps us to show you places that many our companies may not be able to provide
OTHER 1 DAY TOURS