Rice Paddies and Cultures - Meet 2 different minorities - Easy Trekking
Duration: 1 day trekking Sapa ~6 hours
Departure time: flexible between 8.30 am – 9.30 am
Physical activity: Easy Trekking
Location: Small traditional villages
Travel Style: Cultural immersion and active adventure
In this tour, In this tour you will be taken you to the very friendly and beautiful landscape villages where you will get to see both Black Hmong and Red Dao minorities in Sa Pa.
The Hmong have unique marriage traditions; the Red Dao are known for their expertise in herbal medicine as well as usage of plants from the land to treat many illnesses.
You will able to see the amazing view of rice paddies and visit Ta Phin’s cave, a very well-known in Sapa.
- Small group only.
- Easy trek that any can do.
- Hiking through small villages, rice patties, gardens, meadows and a bamboo forest.
- This is very nice & not too tiring! Great views of rice paddies and local villages.
- The houses are old and small.
- A peaceful village, the local people are still true nature of ethnic people.
- Very friendly village where the Red Dao and Black Mong people live in harmony together.
- You will visit the Ta Phin’s Cave which goes very deep into the the mountains.
Sapa – Suoi Thau – Ma Tra – Ta Phin – Sapa
The tour begins at 9 am. Trekkingtoursapa’s guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa town or in front of Sapa’s main church. After a short introduction, we will walk 5 minutes to a small trail where you will get to see the cardamom trees in the small valleys (one of the most precious fruit in Sapa) and then hiking down to Suoi Ho, a small village of Black Hmong minority (the houses are old and small). Meeting some animals used by local people such as the water buffalo, chickens, dogs, pigs etc. You will get to see the beautiful landscape of rice terrace fields and mountains. We will then continue the trekking on a small road (inside the rice paddies) to Ma Tra village where we will have lunch at a small restaurant run by a traditional Hmong family with an outdoor patio with amazing views.
After lunch, we will make our way to Ta Phin village where you will see both Black Hmong and Red Dao minorities. The Hmong have unique marriage traditions; the Red Dao are known for their expertise in herbal medicine as well as usage of plants from the land to treat many illnesses. You will also get to see Ta Phin Cave Cave which goes very deep into the the mountains as well as see the women make brocade products to sell. Transport will be provided from Ta Phin back to Sapa. End of the tour.
- Person: US$30
- 2 people: US$27/per person
- 3 – 5 people and more: US$25/ per person
From your hotel in Sa Pa or in font of Sapa main Church.
# Drop Off
In your hotel in Sapa or Sapa center
# Things to bring
- Trekking shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Mosquito repellent
- Comfortable clothes
# The tour will include
- 1 lunch
- Village entry fees
- 1 small bottle of water
- Transport back to Sapa
# The tour will NOT include
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra drinks (e.g. bottled water or beer) at homestay
# Cancellation Policy
- 7+ days prior tour start date: 100% reimbursement of the tour price (no cancellation charges)
- 6 to 2 day prior tour start date: 25% reimbursement of the tour price
- 1 day prior or same day of tour start date: no reimbursement
This Tour Name: Rice Paddies and Cultures – Meet 2 defferent minorities – Easy Trekking
Trekking Tour Sapa owned by a team of Hmong ethnic minority in Sapa. We use our local knowledge to create hiking, trekking and motorbike tours for those wanting to discover the best and most beautiful areas of Sapa. We were born and raised in this region which helps us to show you places that many our companies may not be able to provide