Rice Terraces and mountain view trek – 2D 1N
In this tour, Trekkingtoursapa’s guide will take you to visit 5 different villages of the Hmong, Giay and Red Dao ethnic minorities.
The tour will give you the chance to enjoy amazing mountain landscapes as well as to see Sapa’s biggest river and valley. You will also see the famous rice terrace fields and learn more about the culture, customs and traditions of the 3 main different ethnic minorities in Sapa.
Our tour guide will also introduce you to Hmong’s unique marriage traditions, rice fields work and house building techniques and much more!
Duration: 2 days trekking Sapa
Departure date: Everyday
Departure time: flexible between 8.30 am – 9.30 am
Physical activity: Moderate to challenging
Location: Small traditional villages
Travel Style: Cultural immersion and active adventure
- Private tour only in Sapa. Cheaper price: small groups of 5 people.
- Trekking offside the touristic paths.
- Private guided visit to 3 different ethnic minorities villages in Sapa.
- Adventurous mountain trekking up to 1.800 m above sea level.
- Enjoy visiting the bamboo forests as well as Vietnam’s most famous rice terraces – ideal photo
- Meeting the country’s most representative animals such as the water buffalo.
- Real homestay with real, authentic local food.
Day 1: Sapa – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (15 km or 6.5 hours)
The tour starts at 9am. Our local guide will meet you at your hotel in Sapa Town or in front of the local main church. After a brief introduction, you will be taken 2km down to Cat Cat’s road, a well-known village of the Hmong minority. From there, you will be reaching the hanging bridge of Muong Hoa river and then continue uphill into the mountains and through a bamboo forest. From there you will get the chance to admire some of the biggest and most beautiful rice terraces in Vietnam as well as enjoy the majestic mountain view on top of the Hoang Lien mountain. You will then head down to Y Linh Ho village and have lunch at a small, traditional restaurant ran by a local Hmong family. After the break, you will make it to Ta Van, a village of the famous Giay minority, where you will be welcomed by your local host family. You will then have some time to rest, take a hot shower and get ready for your dinner – if you want, you will also have the chance to take part to an informal cooking class!
Day 02: Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Sapa (12km around 5 hours)
Enjoy a cup of hot coffee or tea and discover your homestay’s surrounding area and the nearby rice fields. After breakfast, you will be taken again uphill into the mountain till the waterfalls of Giang Ta Chai. You will then enter the Red Dao area where, together with your local guide, you will learn more in details about their culture and daily life. After a short visit at a Red Dao family, you will then head back to the waterfalls by taking an alternative trail and across a second hanging bridge. You will then have your lunch in Giang Ta Chai village at a small, local restaurant ran by a Hmong family. After the break, our bus will be waiting for you and you will then head back to Sapa Town.
- Person: US$75 (private tour)
- 2 people: US$60/per person (private tour)
- 3 – 5 people and more: US$50/ per person (A small group or your private group)
- From your hotel in Sa Pa or in font of Sapa main Church.
# Drop Off
- In your hotel in Sapa or Sapa center
# Things to bring
- Trekking shoes
- Waterproof jacket
- Mosquito repellent
- Comfortable clothes
# The tour will include
- 1 breakfast + 2 lunches + 1 dinner
- 1 night accommodation (homestay)
- Village entry fees
- 1 big bottle of water
- Transport back to Sapa
# The tour will NOT include
- Personal travel insurance
- Extra drinks (e.g. bottled water or beer) at homestay
# Cancellation Policy
- 7+ days prior tour start date: 100% reimbursement of the tour price (no cancellation charges)
- 6 to 2 day prior tour start date: 25% reimbursement of the tour price
- 1 day prior or same day of tour start date: no reimbursement
Our Customers Say
The trek we did me and my friend with Sinh was absolutely fabulous. We walked 3 days/2 nights trought the beautiful landscapes and mountains around Sapa. Sinh is a wonderful guide and person. He loves what he does. The homestays were great and the food...More
My wife and I booked a 3 day trekking with Sinh, and we did not expect much. But oh my, we were blown away with the tour guides. Since Sinh was already booked for the days that we were in Sapa, he managed to get...More
Sinh is an extremely friendly person who I would definitely recommend meeting. He was knowledgable and accommodating. We booked a day trek with him and asked about transportation. He arranged for a shuttle to pick up the six of us at Lao Cai train station...More
This Tour Name:
Rice Terraces and mountain view trek – 2D 1N
Trekking Tour Sapa owned by a team of Hmong ethnic minority in Sapa. We use our local knowledge to create hiking, trekking and motorbike tours for those wanting to discover the best and most beautiful areas of Sapa. We were born and raised in this region which helps us to show you places that many our companies may not be able to provide
OTHER 2 DAYS TOURS